Thursday, April 14, 2011

Moving sucks

I don’t remember if I mentioned that I am moving...if I haven’t, now I am.  I’m moving...and I am not looking forward to the process.

I don’t like packing.  Packing involves sorting and choosing and cleaning and putting into boxes.  Then there is moving and stacking and storing of those boxes.

I don’t like cleaning.  Cleaning involves sweeping and painting and wiping and mopping and spic and span.  

I don’t like the actual moving.  Put boxes here, putting furniture there, finding a storage location.

I don’t like unpacking.  After all is said and done you have to undo the whole process.

The only thing I like is the getting rid of.  There is something cleansing or cathartic about getting rid of stuff that clutters your space and your emotions.  Clearly living is clearer thinking...but even that takes a bunch of work.

I don’t like moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment